Exam Board: A Level Biology – AQA
You will experience a fascinating insight into the processes behind all living organisms, exploring how they function in the living matter around us.
After studying Biology at Barton Peveril you will have a greater understanding of the processes going on in the living world and the ability to explain and monitor their function.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 6 in either Combined Science or Biology, a Grade 6 in Mathematics and a Grade 5 in English
- Minimum average GCSE score of 5.5
- Biological Molecules
- Lung and Heart Function
- The Immune Response
- DNA and Genetic Diversity
- Cell Division, Differentiation and Classification
- Energy Transfer and Nutrient Cycles
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art £5m Science Centre
- Strong practical elements
- Field trips and guest speakers to experience the most current research and developments in science
Where might it lead?
The broad nature of A Level Biology means students progress to work and study in Biological Sciences, Health and Medicine, Law, Computing, Accounting and Teaching.
This course is 100% examination based.