Exam Board: A Level Chemistry – OCR
Chemistry enables you to explore and understand the substances around us, their make-up and how they came to be.
After studying Chemistry at Barton Peveril you will have a heightened awareness of these substances, being able to theoretically and practically demonstrate their properties and the processes that shape them.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 6 in either Combined Science or Chemistry, a Grade 6 in Mathematics and a Grade 5 in English
- Minimum average GCSE score of 5.5
- Development of Practical Skills in Chemistry
- Foundations in Chemistry
- Periodic Table and Energy
- Core Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and Transition Elements
- Organic Chemistry and Analysis
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art £5m Science Centre
- Strong practical elements
- Field trips and guest speakers to experience the most current research and developments in science
Where might it lead?
Chemistry can lead to a variety of options after College, both at University and in employment. Many students go on to study and work in fields such as Medicine, Veterinary Sciences, Dentistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Forensic Science, Biomedical Science and Law.
This course is 100% examination based but has practical endorsement.