Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: A Level Criminology – Eduqas
- The Criminology Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to one A Level
The Level 3 Diploma in Criminology provides you with a broad insight into the Criminal Justice System, exploring the nature of crime and the thought processes around it. After studying Criminology at Barton Peveril you will have a developed understanding of the Criminal Justice System, with the ability to examine information to critique the verdicts of criminal cases and their impact on society.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- Criminal Justice System
- Types of crime
- Criminological Theories
- Social Control
Why choose this course?
- Topical issues covered across both years
- Engaging topics with student-led debating
Where might it lead?
The ability to assess and judge a range of information to make a logical decision means this course leads to a variety of options in further study and employment. Students often go on to work in the Criminal Justice System, including the National Probation Service, the Courts and Tribunal Service and the National Offender Management Service.
This course has a mixture of:
- 50% exam
- 50% controlled assessment