Exam Board: A Level Dance – AQA
Dance at A Level enables you to study both Contemporary and Jazz styles. You will explore both styles practically, applying the theory you learn to your practical work. After studying Dance at Barton Peveril you will have grown in confidence and developed a unique choreographic voice, possessing the dedication, motivation, teamwork and organisational skills that are fundamental for life after College.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- Previous dance experience
- Practical Technique in Contemporary and Jazz Dance
- Performance Skills for the Dancer
- Dance History and its Context
- Safe Studio Practice, Alignment and a Healthy Approach to Training
- Critical Engagement with your own work
- Analysis of Dance as an Art Form
Why choose this course?
- Workshops with professional companies and practitioners
- Dance studio with mirrors and ballet barre
- Multiple performance opportunities
- Extensive support for applications to Dance Colleges
Where might it lead?
Dance will develop your creative and intellectual capacity, giving you many transferable skills including team work, communication and problem solving. These skills can be applied at university, in conservatoires or in employment. Students have gone on to become Dancers, Teachers, Choreographers, Physiotherapists, Arts Administrators and Managers.
This course has a mixture of:
- 50% written exam
- 50% practical exam