Drama and Theatre
Exam Board: A Level Drama and Theatre – AQA
A Level Drama and Theatre gives you a practical and theoretical insight into the Performing Arts. After studying Drama and Theatre at Barton Peveril you will be able to apply the theory you have learned to your own work and the work of others, showcasing your understanding of the multiple techniques and practices you have acquired for audiences.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- Antigone and the Theatre of Ancient Greece
- Our Country’s Good – Modern Classics
- Live Theatre Analysis
- Applying Theatre Practitioner Methods
- Creating Original Theatre
- Performing and Designing Scripts
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Theatre workshops by leading practitioners and industry professionals
- Field trips to local, national and international productions
Where might it lead?
The combination of practical and theoretical work leads students to a vast range of options after college. Many students go on to work and study in Acting, Singing, Dance, Choreography, Performance Production, Teaching, and Journalism.
This course has a mixture of:
- Exams (40%)
- Original Drama Practical (30%)
- Making Drama Performance (30%)