Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: Level 3 Electrical and Electronic Engineering – OCR (Technicals qualifications in Engineering)
- The Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma is equivalent to two A Levels
The Electrical and Electronic Engineering Diploma offers you an in-depth and practical approach to Engineering, with a focus on the workplace. The pathway you take focuses on the world of electrical design and manufacturing, however you will also branch out to take various other aspects of Engineering like material science. After studying the Engineering Extended Certificate at Barton Peveril you will have numerous practical-based skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of a breadth of Engineering topics, which are ideal for further study and employment in this sector.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 5 in Mathematics and 4 in English and either Applied Science or Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Fluid Dynamics
- Thermal Physics
- Material Science
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art £5m Science Centre
- Strong practical elements
- Field trips and guest speakers to experience the most current research and developments in science
Where might it lead?
This course could lead to success in securing an apprenticeship, direct employment in the Engineering sector or a place to study an Engineering-related degree course at university.
This course has a mixture of:
- Four examined units
- Eight coursework units