Engineering – Extended Certificate
Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: Engineering Extended Certificate – OCR (Technicals qualifications in Engineering)
- The Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate – Level 3 is equivalent to one A Level
The Engineering Extended Certificate provides you with the fundamentals in an array of Engineering fields, from Automotive to Electrical. You will gain numerous practical-based skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of a breadth of Engineering topics, which are ideal for further study and employment in this sector.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 5 in Mathematics and 4 in any Science subject
This course has a mixture of:
- Four examined units
- Two coursework units
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fluid Dynamics
- Thermal Physics
- Material Science
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art £5m Science Centre
- Strong practical elements
- Field trips and guest speakers to experience the most current research and developments in science
Where might it lead?
This course could lead to success in securing an apprenticeship, direct employment in the Engineering sector or a place to study an Engineering-related degree course at university.