Exam Board: A Level English Language – AQA
This course offers you the chance to explore the English Language in all its forms, from the spoken to the written word and the meanings behind them. You will be able to deconstruct written, spoken and multimodal texts from real life examples, alongside consciously shaping your own use of language to suit a variety of media and audiences.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- Language and Representation
- English as a World Language
- Language Change
- Social and Regional Diversity
- Children’s Language
- Attitudes to Language
Why choose this course?
- Learn about the language that you use everyday
- Useful for life after college, thanks to the transferable skills developed on this course
- Your love of English will be nurtured through 1-1 support
Where might it lead?
As well as English Language and Linguistics at university, students often go on to take undergraduate courses in Journalism, Publishing, Law, Business,
Sociology, Psychology, or the Humanities and Arts in general. It is also a very valuable qualification for the caring professions, particularly primary teaching.
This course has a mixture of:
- 80% exam
- 20% coursework