Exam Board: A Level Environmental Science – AQA
Environmental Science asks you to consider the sustainability of our way of life, focusing on debates at the forefront of modern discussion surrounding our planet.
After studying Environmental Science at Barton Peveril you will have formed the ability to delve into and assess the science surrounding our environment, seeing how everyday issues arise, why they need to be solved, and how to create the best solution.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in Combined Science, English and Mathematics
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- Diversity of Planet Earth
- Species Conservation and Their Habitats
- Physical Resources
- The Atmosphere, Hydrosphere and Lithosphere
- Energy and Pollution
- Farming and Food Production
- Sustainability of Our Way of Life
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art £5m Science Centre
- Strong practical elements
- Field trips and guest speakers to experience the most current research and developments in science
Where might it lead?
Students progress to a diverse range of further study and employment in the Environmental Sciences, Management, and Conservation sectors.
This course is 100% examination based.