Exam Board: A Level Film Studies – Eduqas
A Level Film Studies offers you the chance to ‘read’ films, exploring their layers of meaning and assessing the theory behind them. After studying Film Studies at Barton Peveril you will be able to evaluate and debate some of history’s most notable films, as well as applying this theoretical knowledge to the creation of your own films.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English,
This course has a mixture of:
- 70% exams
- 30% coursework
- Old Hollywood
- New Hollywood
- British Film
- Independent Film
- Mainstream Film
- Screenplays and Film-Making
- Silent Film, German Expressionism
- Experimental Film, French New Wave
Why choose this course?
- Large creative element
- Field trips
- Visits from prestigious academic and industry experts
- A range of challenging film texts
- Debate skills
- Analytical essay writing
Where might it lead?
The combination of theoretical and practical skills leads Film Studies students to a range of further study and employment options, including Film-making, Journalism, Publishing, Marketing, Art and Design.