Exam Board: A Level Fine Art – AQA
A Level Fine Art gives you the creative freedom to develop your skills in drawing, painting and a broad range of mixed media artwork. We cater for all approaches: from figurative, to abstract, and to conceptual.
You will be encouraged to develop your creative and imaginative powers; the emphasis is always on recording from first hand sources in a contemporary way. After studying Fine Art at Barton Peveril you will have developed your personal style and have built a diverse portfolio of work.
- Studying Art and/or Design at GCSE is advantageous but not essential
This course has a mixture of:
- 60% Personal Investigation
- 40% Externally-Set Practical Assignment
- Experimental Surfaces
- 3D Relief
- Digital Manipulation
- Creative Drawing
- Expressive Paint Qualities
- Paper Manipulation
- Photography and Primary Recording
- Textile Design
- Analysing Artwork
Why choose this course?
- Passionate teaching staff, who are artists in their own right
- Access to the full Adobe Design Suite on all College computers
- Art enrichments, trips to London and national competitions
Where might it lead?
The combination of practical and theoretical skills means this course leads to a range of options in further study and employment. Students often choose our one year, pre-degree Foundational Diploma in Art and Design and then go on to study and employment in Architecture, Illustration, Film/Animation and Game Design.