Exam Board: A Level French – AQA
A Level French will help you build your fluency and accuracy in the language to a very high level. You will acquire a broad vocabulary whilst you explore French grammar and culture through studying the topics, the film and the novel.
- GCSEs to include a minimumGrade 6 in French (Higher)
- Minimum average GCSE score of 5
Paper 1: Listening/ Reading/ Translations
Paper 2: One essay on the book and one essay on the film
Paper 3: Speaking: one stimulus and individual research project
- First Year: Family, Technology, Volunteering, Heritage, Music and Cinema
- Second Year: Cultural Diversity, Social Exclusion, Criminals, Political Engagement, Strikes and Immigration
- Film: L’Auberge Espagnole
- Novel: Kiffe Kiffe Demain
Why choose this course?
- Opportunity to immerseyourself in another culture
- Facilitating subject
- Taught by a French national
- Transferable skills for employability.
Where might it lead?
French can lead to a wide range of opportunities at university and in employment, both in this country and abroad, even leading to study or work in a French-speaking country. The highly respected ability to use multiple languages is beneficial for any route you take after College. Former students work in Law, Travel and Tourism, Translation, Business, Marketing, and Education.