Exam Board: A Level Geography – AQA
Geography broadens your understanding of how the natural world and the human world interact; helping us address crucial challenges of the 21st century.
You will be able to assess the impact of human activity and natural phenomena on the planet, using the latest research to combat the issues that arise.
- GCSEs to include a minimumGrade 4 in English, Mathematics and Geography if studied
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
This course has a mixture of:
- 80% exam
- 20% coursework
- Water and Carbon Cycle
- Global Systems and Global Governance
- Changing Places
- Coastal Systems and Landscapes
- Resource Security
Why choose this course?
- Facilitating Subject
- Wide ranging employability skills
- Increased global awareness
- Residential Trips (previous
- destinations include Sicily; New
- York; Azores; Washington DC)
Where might it lead?
Due to its focus on current debates, and because of the multiple transferable skills required, Geography leads to a very wide array of further study and employment options. Students have gone on to work and study in Engineering, Environmental Science, Oceanography, Marine Biology, Earth Science, Law, Event Management, Tourism and Politics.