Exam Board: A Level German – AQA
A Level German provides you with an excellent opportunity to deepen your communication skills, broaden your vocabulary and extend your grammatical knowledge.
In addition, you will study different cultural and historical aspects of the German-speaking world, as well as develop research skills into a topic that interests you.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 6 in German
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- Aspects of German-speaking Society
- Artistic Culture in the German-speaking World
- The Play: Andorra
- Film: Goodbye Lenin
- Multiculturalism in German-Speaking Society
- Aspects of Political Life in the German-Speaking Worlds
Why choose this course?
- Language learning develops life skills
- Facilitates opportunities to immerse yourself in another culture
Where might it lead?
German leads to a wide range of opportunities at university and in employment, both in this country and abroad, eventually leading to study or work in a German-speaking country. The highly respected ability to use multiple languages is beneficial for any route you take after College.
Paper 1: Listening, reading and translation
Paper 2: One essay on the film and one essay on the play
Paper 3: Oral Exam. Discussion of one topic areas and the Individual Research Project