Exam Board: A Level Graphic Communication – AQA
A Level Graphic Communication provides you with an immersive experience into many art disciplines, centred around responding to a design brief. Projects start with extensive research into existing products and the work of designers, before developing work that creatively meets the needs of your chosen brief.
It is an exciting and creative course designed to prepare you for further study and employment in the creative industry.
- Studying Art and/ or Design at GCSE is advantageous but not essential
This course has a mixture of:
- 60% Personal Investigation
- 40% Externally-Set Practical Assignment
- Digital and Traditional Illustration
- Mixed-Media Image Creation
- Composition and Layout
- Logos and Branding
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Paper, Stencil and Vinyl Cutting
Why choose this course?
- First-class facilities, including dedicated art studios
- Passionate teaching staff, who are artists in their own right
- Access to the full Adobe Design Suite on all College computers
- Access to Wacom drawing tablets, pop-up photo studios and DSLR cameras
Where might it lead?
The combination of practical and theoretical skills means this course leads to a range of options in further study and employment. Students often choose our one year, pre-degree Foundational Diploma in Art and Design and then go on to study and employment in Graphic Design, Illustration, Game Design, Interior Design and Architecture.