Health and Social Care
Vocational Level 3
- The Health and Social Care Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma is equivalent to two A Levels
- The Health and Social Care Level 3 Cambridge Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels
These courses give you an insight into the Health and Social Care sector, which is ideal for those pursuing careers as Nurses, Midwives, Paramedics, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Youth Workers and Primary Teachers. After studying Health and Social Care at Barton Peveril you will be able to practically apply theoretical knowledge to real life scenarios.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- GCSE Combined Science at Grade 4 is advantageous (Extended Diploma)
- The Diploma is 45% coursework and 55% exam.
- The Extended Diploma is 55% coursework and 45% exam.
- Building Positive Relationships in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Health, Safety and Security
- Anatomy and physiology
- Infection Control
- Personalisation and a Person Centred Approach to Care
- Promote Positive Behaviour
Why choose this course?
- Work experience opportunities and close connections with local providers
- Field trips
- Guest speakers with specialist knowledge of the sector
Where might it lead?
Due to the subject matter, students often go on to study and work in Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedical Science, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Youth Work, Sociology, Psychology and Primary Teaching. They may also choose to pursue a degree in sociology, psychology or education studies.