Exam Board: A Level History – AQA
The History A Level offers a choice between two distinct pathways, ‘Route A’ or ‘Route B’, which you will select based on your interests. Either pathway leads to the A Level qualification and both encourage you to explore and analyse the past, using historic documents and your own interpretations to form strong arguments and conclusions.
After studying History at Barton Peveril you will be able to engage with prominent historical debates, drawing upon sources, the work of historians and your own knowledge.
- To choose between either the Route A or Route B pathways
- GCSEs to include a Grade 4 in English
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- GCSE History is not required
Pathways and Topics
- The Tudor Monarchy
- The Rise of the Communists in Russia
- A Personal Investigation on Civil Rights in the USA or topic of your choice
- Britain from 1951 to 2007
- Germany from 1871 to 1991: The Kaiser, the Nazis and the Emergence of Democracy
- A Personal Investigation on the Tudors or a topic of your choice from pre-1800
Why choose this course?
- Field trips
- Chance to specialise in areas of interest
- Facilitating subjec
Where might it lead?
History at A Level often leads to further study to become a Historian, Teacher, Politician, or to working on Heritage Sites or in Marketing.
This course has a mixture of:
- 80% exam
- 20% coursework