Vocational Level 3
- The IT Introductory Diploma – Level 3 is equivalent to one A Level
This Diploma gives you the opportunity to explore the IT Sector and its various components, with the workplace in mind. After studying the Diploma you will have a set of practical, transferable skills tailored for working in the IT Sector, pursuing an apprenticeship or studying at university.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English and Mathematics
This course has a mixture of:
- 40% exam
- 60% coursework
- Fundamentals of IT
- Global Information
- Application Design
- Product Development
- Web Design and Prototyping
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology
- A practical and theory focus
- Working to industry standards to complete a year long project, incorporating employment involvement
Where might it lead?
Due to its focus on both theoretical and practical skills, this course often leads to further study at university, level four apprenticeships and employment in Graphic and Web Design, Animation, User Support, Computing, Business Information Systems, Software Engineering, and Computer Game Design.