Japanese – Certificate (Q-XTRA)
Japanese Certificate – Level 1
The Level 1 Certificate in Japanese gives you the rare opportunity to learn about the Japanese language and culture. This certificate is for those who have little to no prior experience of Japanese and is ideal preparation for studying GCSE Japanese in the second year. After studying the Certificate in Japanese you will have a basic understanding of Japanese, including the use of Hiragana, Katakana and some Kanji, as well as an impressive qualification for future employers and Universities.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Japanese. A GCSE in a language is advantageous
- Commitment to three hours of additional study outside of college hours
- To study the Certificate in your first year and the GCSE in your second year
- Shopping and Eating Out
- Daily Routine
- Socialising and Going Out
Why choose this course?
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture
- Field trip
- Transferable skills for employability
Where might it lead?
The Certificate in Japanese allows you to study GCSE Japanese in your second year, which has seen past students go on to do a Single or Joint Honours Degree in Japanese after successfully completing the course.
Flexible assessments in speaking, listening, dialogue, reading, writing and reading and written response.