Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: Law (Applied) Extended Certificate – Edexcel/Pearson
- The Law (Applied) Level 3 BTEC Extended Certificate is equivalent to one A Level
Law (Applied) BTEC lets you explore our legal system, the people in it, who influences our law-makers and what happens when you break the law or someone wrongs you. This BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate is ideal for those who enjoy studying in a practical, work related way. After studying BTEC Applied Law you will be able to apply legal theories to case studies, topical examples and scenarios whilst debating legal issues that affect our lives.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
This course has a mixture of:
- 50% controlled exam
- 50% coursework
Topics cover four areas
- Dispute Solving in Civil Law
- Investigating Aspects of Criminal Law (Non-fatal Offences) and the Legal System
- Applying the Law including Fatal and Property offences
- Contract Law
Why choose this course?
- Field trips
- Topical issues covered across both years
- Visits from prestigious academic and industry experts.
Where might it lead?
Law leads to a vast range of options
both in further study and in
employment, with students going on to
study and work in Law (as a Lawyer),
Business, Education, Policing, Finance,
Trading Standards, and local or national