Mathematical Studies Certificate
Level 3 (Q-XTRA)
- The Mathematical Studies Level 3 Certificate is equivalent to half an A Level
The Mathematical Studies Certificate (Level 3) lets you develop mathematical thinking and problem solving for application in real-life, vocational scenarios. This new form of qualification was established in conjunction with the University of Cambridge, for those who enjoy studying in a practical, work related way. After studying the Mathematical Studies Certificate at Barton Peveril you will have a broad understanding of practical Mathematics, which can be tailored to fit multiple scenarios after College.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Chinese Mandarin. A GCSE in a language is advantageous
- Commitment to three hours of additional study yourself in outside of College hours
- Collecting and Representing Data
- Numerical Calculations
- Finances: Credit, VAT, Interest Rates, Tax, National Insurance
- Analysis of Data and Distributions
- Critical Analysis and Error Correcting
Why choose this course?
- One year course, can be completed in first year of studies
- Builds your confidence
- Provides fundamental skills
- Opportunity to work with like-minded students
Where might it lead?
This course is ideal for further study and work with mathematical elements, but is also widely applicable in wider life. Students often go on to work and
study in Accountancy, Economics, Business, Geography and the Sciences.
This course is 100% examination based.