Exam Board: A Level Mathematics (Further) – OCR
A Level Further Mathematics broadens and deepens your knowledge and understanding of Mathematics. You will learn how to use mathematical language to construct proofs in Pure Mathematics and use mathematical modelling to develop excellent problem solving skills in Statistics, Discrete Mathematics and Mechanics.
Studying Further Mathematics can be challenging and will enable students to demonstrate high analytical skills when applying to elite universities, such as Oxford and Cambridge.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 7 in Mathematics (Grade 8 Recommended)
- Minimum average GCSE score of 5.5
- To be studied alongside A Level Mathematics
- Core Pure including Complex Numbers and Matrices
- Modelling with Algorithms
Why choose this course?
- Dedicated facilities and technology
- Entry into prestigious national competitions
- Facilitating subject
Where might it lead?
This course provides an excellent foundation for further study in Mathematics and other disciplines that require higher mathematical skills. Students often go on to study and work in areas of Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Computing and Economics.
This course is 100% examination based.