Media Production: Video and Moving Image
Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: Media (Production) Diploma – OCR
- The Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma is equivalent to two A Levels
Media Production: Video and Moving Image is designed for people who enjoy learning in a practical, work-related way. The course provides a high quality, industry recognised qualification that acknowledges the skills, settings, job roles, principles and values involved in the Media Industry. This course is particularly suited to students who want to work in Video Production, or in the Film and or Television Industries.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- Merit in a Vocational Media course if taken
These courses have a mixture of:
- 30% exam
- 70% coursework
Pathways and Topics
- TV and Film Production (coursework)
- Music Video and Advertising (coursework)
- Cinematography and Scriptwriting (coursework)
- Visual and Special Effects and Film Trailers (coursework)
- Sound Design (coursework)
- Personal Media Profile (coursework)
- Media Industries, Pre-Production
- and Planning and Social Media and Globalisation (Exam)
Why choose these courses?
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology
- Field trips
- Visits from prestigious academic and industry experts
- Equivalent to two A Levels
Where might it lead?
Students commonly go on to study a
creative course at University, such as Film,
TV Production, Scriptwriting or Animation.
Many Ex students are now working in the