Exam Board: A Level Music Technology – Edexcel/Pearson
A Level Music Technology lets you practically explore the technological composition of music, using industry standard software as well as recording in well-equipped studios. After studying Music Technology you will be able to edit the work of others and create your own digital pieces, in a range of styles.
- GCSEs to iGCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in Music or 5 in Music Performance or Theory (ABRSM)
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- If you do not have these you will be assessed on your own suitable portfolio
- Audio Editing
- Industry Standard Recording Studio Facilities
- Dynamic Processing
- Use of Effects
Why choose this course?
- Excellent studio recording spaces
- The opportunity to learn a wide range of production techniques
- Visits to local universities
Where might it lead?
As the course combines practical work with theory, many options are open to you after study. Students often go on to work and study in Composition, Arranging, Sound Engineering and Teaching.
This course has a mixture of:
- 60% exam
- 40% coursework