Exam Board: A Level Music – Eduqas
A Level Music gives you an in-depth insight into the performance, composition and analysis of music.
After studying Music at Barton Peveril you will be able to compose and perform your own music, whilst also critically assessing your own work and that of others.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in Music, if taken
- Ability to read music fluently and have an understanding of Music Theory (ABRSM), up to grade 5
- If you do not have a Grade 5 in your main instrument an audition is required
Music Mark School Member
- Musical Styles
- Music Theory
Why choose this course?
- Free tuition on your main instrument/ voice
- Highly regarded by universities as a challenging academic subject
- The opportunity to take part in outstanding ensembles
Where might it lead?
As the course combines practical work with theory, many options are open to you after study. Students often go on to work and study in Performance, Composition, Conducting, Arranging and Teaching.
This course is assessed by:
- Performance 35% + Composition 25% (or vice versa)
- Written Examination 40%