Exam Board: A Level Philosophy – AQA
A Level Philosophy opens up the debates surrounding knowledge, reality and existence, which have been discussed and contested for centuries. After studying Philosophy at Barton Peveril you will be able to form your own judgements on these debates, using reason and the theories of others to guide and support your conclusions.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 5 in English and Mathematics
- Minimum average GCSE score of 5.5
- Moral Philosophy
- Metaphysics of God
- Philosophy of Mind
Why choose this course?
- Focus on topical issues
- Focus on student lead debates and discussions
- Good foundation for university
- Teaching advanced writing skills, logical development of arguments and cogent responses
Where might it lead?
Philosophy leads to multiple options in both further study and employment, as it requires logical thought about abstract concepts. Many students go on to study and work in the fields of Philosophy, Religious Studies, English, History, Law, Physics, Maths, Business and the Arts.
This course is 100% examination based.