Exam Board: A Level Physical Education – OCR
Physical Education gives you an in-depth insight into the many components of sport, from the practical elements of physical activity to the science behind it.
After studying Physical Education at Barton Peveril you will be able to explain the practical aspect of sport using theory, optimise performance and look after the complexities of the human body.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English, Mathematics and Science
- Minimum average GCSE score of 5
This course has a mixture of:
- 70% exam
- 30% coursework, split equally between a practical and spoken piece of assessment
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Skill Acquisition
- Sport Psychology
- Sport and Society
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Practical Performance Assessment
- Evaluation and Analysis of Performance
Why choose this course?
- Highly academic course focusing on challenging anatomical, psychological and sociological topics
- A history of students progressing to sport-based courses at highly-respected universities including Loughborough, Bath and Birmingham
- Excellent examination results
Where might it lead?
The mixture of practical and theoretical elements makes the options available after studying Physical Education wide and varied. Many students go on to work and study in Sports Science, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Strength and Conditioning, Sports Psychology, Sports Performance Analysis, Sports Development, Teaching, Coaching and Sports Journalism.