Exam Board: A Level Physics – AQA
This course is an exciting and challenging subject that allows you to explore how the world works, encouraging you to delve into the hidden laws behind physical phenomena from the simplest atom to the formation of the Universe.
You will rely heavily on your Mathematics skills to enable you to access all parts of the course.
After studying Physics at Barton Peveril you will have a firm set of problem-solving skills and a deeper understanding of the world we live in, which is essential for further study and work in the science and engineering fields.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 6 in either Combined Science or Physics, a Grade 6 in Mathematics and a Grade 5 in English
- Minimum average GCSE grade of 5.5
- It is strongly recommended to study A Level Mathematics alongside this subject
- Measurements and Their Errors
- Particles and Radiation
- Mechanics and Materials
- Further Mechanics and Thermal Physics
- Fields and Their Consequences
- Nuclear Physics
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art £5m Science Centre
- Strong practical elements
- Field trips and guest speakers to experience the most current research and developments in science
Where might it lead?
Physics is very important for a broad range of scientific and engineering career fields, including: Astronomy, Geophysics, Planetary Science, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering and Audio and Music Production.
This course is 100% examination based but has 12 assessed (non-contributory) practicals.