Popular Music Performance
Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: Popular Music Performance – RSL (Music Practitioners)
- The Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to one and a half A Levels
This course gives highly able musicians the optimum chance to pursue a career in the commercial music industry, as performers. On this course you will be able to develop your skills as a performer, and become adept in a range of techniques and styles.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in Music if taken
- Grade 7 on your main instrument or voice, which will be assessed at audition
- You must also be able to read music fluently and have some understanding of Music Theory (ABRSM), up to grade 5
- Session Musician
- Live Music Performance
- Music Improvisation
- Advanced Harmony Techniques
- Planning a Career in Music
Why choose this course?
- Free tuition on your maininstrument/voice
- Multiple large productions andperformance opportunities
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Visits from prestigious academicand industry experts
- Unique opportunities to access soundchecks and shadow professional bandmembers in performances at venuessuch as the O2 and West End theatres
Where might it lead?
The course has been designed with the assistance of staff from the UK’s leading music conservatoires, specifically with a view to enabling students to access prestigious degree courses. Recent students have been offered places at The Royal Academy of Music, Trinity College of Music and Guildhall School of Music.
This course is 100% coursework.