Exam Board: A Level Religious Studies – AQA
A Level Religious Studies encourages you to consider the central concerns within all religions, alongside the ethics and philosophies behind them.
After studying Religious Studies at Barton Peveril you will have the ability to form and sustain strong arguments in response to ideas surrounding religion and ethics.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- GCSE Religious Studies is not required
Where might it lead?
Due to its focus on thought, logic and reasoning, Religious Studies leads to many different paths of study and employment. Many students go on to work and study in the fields of Philosophy, Theology, Social Sciences, Social Work, Journalism and Medicine.
RELIGION AND ETHICS
- Normative Ethics
PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION
- Soul and Nature of Self
- Value of Religious Experience
Why choose this course?
- Specialist Visitors, including academics for Ethics and Buddhism
- Lectures at University
- Visit a Monastery
- Potential for a foreign trip
This course is 100% examination based.