Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: Science (Applied) – Edexcel/Pearson
- The Science (Applied) Level 3 BTEC Extended Certificate is equivalent to one A Level
Science (Applied) BTEC offers a broadened practical insight into a range of scientific concepts across Biology, Chemistry and Physics. You will skills that enable you to explore scientific concepts practically, based on real workplace scenarios.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in Combined Science, English and Mathematics
- Principles of Science
- Practical Scientific Procedures
- Science Investigation Skills
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
Why choose this course?
- State-of-the-art £5m Science Centre
- Strong practical elements
- Fewer high-stakes exams, withthe opportunity to resit
- Gain a qualification at endof the First Year
Where might it lead?
Students often pursue further study and careers in forensic science, drug research, medical physics, laboratory science, healthcare and manufacturing.
- 50% exam and 50% coursework
- 66% external assessment and 33% coursework