Exam Board: A Level Spanish – AQA
This A Level will enhance your use of Spanish in the spoken and written modes, which will improve your ability to communicate with Spanish speakers from around the world.
By studying this course you will gain a broadened vocabulary and a wider understanding of Spanish cultures.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 5 in Spanish
- Minimum average GCSE score of 4
- Aspects of Hispanic Society
- Artistic Culture in the Hispanic world
- Multiculturalism in Hispanic Society
- Aspects of Political Life in the Hispanic World
- Play: La Casa de Bernarda Alba by Federico García Lorca
- Film: Volver by Pedro Almodóvar
- An Individual Research Project
Why choose this course?
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture
- Facilitating subject
- Transferable skills for employability
Where might it lead?
Spanish can lead to a wide range of opportunities at university and in employment, both in this country and abroad, eventually leading to study or work in a Spanish-speaking country. The highly respected ability to use multiple languages is beneficial for any route you take after College.
Paper 1: Listening, Reading and Writing.
Paper 2: Writing (based on the study of the play and film)
Paper 3: A Speaking Exam.