Sport – Extended Certificate, Diploma and Extended Diploma
Vocational Level 3
Exam Board: OCR KS (Cambridge Technicals in Sport and Physical Activity)
- The Extended Certificate in Sport is equivalent to one A Level over two years.
- The Diploma in Sport is equivalent to two A Levels over two years.
- The Extended Diploma in Sport is equivalent to three A Levels over two years and can equate to a full timetable.
The Sport Level 3 courses offer you an insight into the sport industry, with a strong focus on the workplace. This new form of qualification was established in conjunction with the University of Cambridge, for those who enjoy studying in a practical, work-related way. The Certificate takes up one subject slot, the Diploma takes up two and the Extended Diploma takes up three. After studying either course at Barton Peveril, you will be able to apply your practical and theoretical skills to real workplace scenarios.
- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- GCSE Combined Science at Grade 4 is advantageous (Extended Diploma)
This course has a mixture of:
- Practical assessments
- Body Systems and the Effects of Physical Activity
- Sports Coaching, Sports Development and Practical Sport
- Fitness Testing
- Performance Analysis
- Sports Injuries
EXTENDED DIPLOMA ONLY
- Working Safely in Sport
- Sport and Psychology
- Sports Organisation, Development and Business
- Nutrition and Biomechanics
Why choose this course?
- Dedicated facilities including multigym, sports hall and large playing fields
- Specialist coaching and teaching with industry accredited aspects to the course
- Elite sports programmes
- Trip to indoor snow centre
Where might it lead?
The mixture of practical and theoretical elements makes the options available after studying Sport wide and varied. Many students go on to work and study in Sports Science, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Strength and Conditioning, Sports Psychology, Sports Performance Analysis, Sports Development, Teaching, Coaching and Sports Journalism.